Sunday, May 17, 2015

Will of Joseph Grayson

I have not been able to find this person on my family tree on Familysearch.org

Joseph Grayson - ? -1771?
Father
Mother
 Wife - Martha (Possibly Martha Cudworth from search on Famiysearch)

Children

Hannah (possibley married to John Morton they are witnesses on the will)
Mary
John Grayson

  
Will of Joseph Grayson of Royd in the chapelry of Bradfield, country of York Prerogative Court of York & Exchequer Court of the Archbishop of York.


In the name of God Amen, I Joseph Grayson of Royd in the Chapelry of Bradfield and country of York, Husbandman, being very poor in health but in perfect mind and memory thanks be given unto God for the same but calling up to mind the mortality of my body and knowing that it is appointed for all men once to die, do make and ordain this my last will and testament as follows that is to say principally and first of all I give and recommend to the earth to be buried in decent Christian burial at the discretion of my executor nothing doubting but at the general Resurrection I shall receive the same again by the mighty power of God and as touching such worldly effects wherewith it has pleased God to bless me in this life, I give demise and dispose of the same in the following manner and form. First I give to my daughters Hannah the sume (sum) of twenty pounds to be paid twelve months after my decease together with all the household goods she had in Sheffield. Item I give to my daughter Mary the sum of thirty pounds to be paid twelve months after my decease, also my will is that if my wife Martha and my son John can agree together he shall pay her the sum of forty shillings a year. But if he cannot agree together he shall pay her the sume (sum) of eight pounds a year at four equal payments and she shall bed and chest and a chair and what she shall think fit to furnish one room. My will also is that six months after my wife Martha decease I give to my daughter Hannah the sum of seventy pounds to be paid by my executor. Also I give to my daughter Mary the sume (sum) of seventy pounds to be paid at the same time and if any of the money shall be... the shall all bear their equal share I mean of the money that is out at interest and if either rof my daughters Hannah or Mary shall die before the time of payment haveing (having) no child liveing there shall be no payment, but if there shall be any child of children there share shall be divided accordingly. Also I give to my son John Grayson whom I likewise constitute make and ordain the sole executor of this my last will and testament all in my personal estate both at whom (home?) and abroad whatever and the farm if owners please to let him have it and ordain this to be my last will and testament. In witness where of I have hereunto set my hand and seal this lenth day of September in the year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and seventyone Signed JOSEPH GRAYSON Signed sealed published pronounced and declared by the said Joseph Grayson as his last will and testament in the presence of we ... in his presence and in the presence of each other have hereto subscribed our names John Morton Hannah Morton her mark Past seal 7th Dec 1771. 

No comments:

Post a Comment